Monday, June 18, 2012

Don't Worry. Be Happy

The blank page starting a new post is so intimidating!  We are STILL having computer troubles, and we are hopeful that all will be resolved in the next 10 days because I'm thinking we will NEED google translate!
Things are still coming together for V*ktor's stay.  We feel so blessed by everyone who has donated towards our hosting fees and been continually in prayer for us.  All but $400 of the hosting fee was raised, and we paid that out of our emergency savings.  God has a plan for it, so no worries!  We either won't need that money down the road or it will come later. (Actually sounds like $110 is already coming tomorrow!)

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplicaiton, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  Phillipians 4:6-7

So far, we already have a dresser on loan from awesome friends, I have picked up some clothes at the thrift store, and I even found a REALLY nice winter coat (oddly - it's even almost identical to A's coat) at a garage sale for $7. The mattress, bike, luggage, and Bible have all been promised by friends, church, or family. Oh, and I got the cutest sockmonkey stocking cap for him! It seems kind of unreal that in 10 days he will be here!  Here's what we still need:
To keep: cheap MP3 player, needles/cloth for embroidery, size 10 or 12 boys summer clothes and shoes,
Strings, book, etc. for violin (I will get a more specific list if anyone is interested in getting these).
To borrow: Nightlights, alarm clock, bike helmet
Thanks so much for your continued prayers!





Unrelated to V*ktor, but just wanted to share...  Yesterday was 5 years since the last time I got to tell Dad Happy Father's Day.  Sure do miss him!   Here are the lyrics to the song I wrote for the Father/Daughter dance on my wedding day.



Daddy's Little Girl
I graduated and packed up all my things.
You drove me down to my new home and let me spread my wings.
It wasn't always easy, no-one ever said it was,
but wherever I go, I always know I take my Daddy's love

You always give me hope and make me smile
Just to hear your voice lifts my spirits for a little while
Your love, your laugh, your happiness- it shines out to the world
and I'm proud to be my Daddy's little girl

Summers trickled by and I moved further away.
Many times I thought of you, I bowed my head to pray,
"Thank you, Lord, for giving to me
A father on this earth who shows me what I need to be."

You always give me hope...
and I thank God I'm my Daddy's little girl

Daddy, Daddy, oh how the time goes by.
It seems like only yesterday my childish tears you'd dry
Throughout my lifetime, my failures and success
You always believed in me and you never let me forget
... Now here we dance on this floor
The day I change my name,
And though our lives are different,
One thing will stay the same

You always give me hope...
and I'll forever be my Daddy's little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment