Monday, January 21, 2013

FIVE MORE DAYS!!!!!!! OH MY!!

For current political reasons, the blog has switched to private. So, at this point, I'm hoping somebody is still reading.  I know you have to login to read it now, but hopefully some of my writings are worth it :)

So much to do, so much to do, so much to do!!!!  I have started writing instructions like a mad-woman. Instructions for my Mom on how to make laundry soap, A's schedule for getting ready in the morning, how to use electronic devices in the house, who to call for carpooling kids, etc. etc. etc.  Then, there's the calendar of events for Mom, then Brian's parents, then for Brian when he returns.  Oy vey!  Cub Scouts, Awana Grand Prix (AAAAAAAH!!!!  Need to build a car in the next 4 days!  Junior? Help?), Cubbies, TNT, basketball, preschool.  When I make casseroles, I'm doubling up and sticking half in the freezer.  I have lists of groceries needed for the house, items we need to buy for the trip, things to pack, things to do (btw- so sorry for those of you who never got a Christmas card:(  They might not make it this year.  Some went out, but not all of them), people to call, forms to sign.  On and on and on and on
For some reason, I was crazy enough to schedule a 3-day family weekend vacation right now! No, really, I think it was a great thing that we got to do a fun weekend together especially since we're leaving A & B.  They both readily agreed to a weekend at indoor waterpark and hotel instead of having birthday parties this year.  Score for me - no dressing up as a clown, baking a cake, chasing a bunch of kids around :)  Just got to hang out with the kiddos having a blast!  We went there after tumbling and basketball Saturday morning, played in the waterpark all day, had the best pizza EVER (well, except for Giordano's), played awhile longer, then back to the hotel room for baths.  I ran out and got a birthday cake (Brian's bday today) for a snack. B and C were asleep when I returned.  Sunday, we had breakfast and headed to the waterpark around 10.  It's a great place to go!  It's not huge, so you can find each other if you walk around for a few minutes.  The kids bounced from slide to slide, down the lazy river, splashing in the pool. A, C, and I headed up to the room around 4.  Brian and B came up not long after. She was sick. Really sick :( poor kid!  A REALLY still wanted to go to Olive Garden for supper, and Brian didn't care one way or the other. So, I got a date with my little man (and C) for supper last night! B was sick all night long, poor sweetheart. She really bounced back this morning.  Now C has a fever. Oh joy. At least she seems happy, though!
We leave in FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE!  NUTS!  Mom gets here in THREE days :) Wow - it just doesn't seem real.  I am not prepared enough to be leaving in 5 days!
Two big prayer requests at this point.  Please pray that an apartment can be found for us in region.  Also, pray for a quick timeline. Things can move quickly - like 5 weeks, or they can drag - like 8 weeks.  We want to get home with ALL our kids as fast as possible.  We don't have control over the timeline, we don't have control over the apartment. God does, and we will trust it's going to be okay.
I talked to V*ktor on Saturday.  I get all high pitched, squealy, and happy when I say anything about how soon we will be there.  He laughed at me, but I could tell he was just as excited and antsy:)

Your Grace is Enough, Your Grace is Enough, Your Grace is Enough for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment