Saturday, May 12, 2012

Introduction!

So I know most people do this first, but I had to "Dive in!"  So, now I'm going back for an intro.
My husband (of 10+ years) and I live in the midwest. We have 3 wonderful children. I am so blessed to stay home with the kids and the best job ever! We worship at an amazing, Bible-preaching church with many great people.  My husband's family is all very closeby, and mine are almost all in Tennessee.

WHY did I chose "ofcourseihaveducttape" as the name of my blog. Kind of random, but so is my life...  We LOVE to camp. Our first camper was affectionately referred to as "vintage."  It was REALLY old and kind of falling apart, but we just kept putting it back together. The cables had mostly all broken, so we hoisted it up and used boards to hold the roof up for the first few trips before my husband fixed it. I used a glue gun and pieces of vinyl to repair a lot of holes, box tape for others. Oh, and we had to use shower curtains to run through the sides of the camper to divert the water back out...  You get the idea.  One time we were camping with friends and something else broke. I told my husband he should go get the duct tape.  My friend said, "You have duct tape in your camper?"  My response was "Have you SEEN my camper? Of course I have duct tape!"  We have a "newer" popup camper now, but it's pretty much still a given that we take duct tape with us. It's not THAT much newer.

So, here's a little more info and possible repeat of some of the things mentioned in prior blogs.
We are in the process of becoming host parents for a Ukrainian orphan to spend 5 weeks with us this summer. We want to give him hope that someone cares, show him our love, and share Christ's love with him. V*ktor likes to ride bikes, enjoys playing with friends, and is AMAZING at hand-stitched embroidery. If he could learn one new thing, he wants to play the violin. The statistics on orphan children in Eastern Europe are very grim. Though the staggering numbers are overwhelming and seem hopeless, we CAN make a difference for him.
At this point, he is coming for a visit. He will go back to Ukraine after his 5 weeks with us. Our prayer is that he can see God's love for him, develop relationships with us and with others here that will continue to impact him for the rest of his life. We don't know his complete back-story or his expectations for future adoption. Right now, we are only serving as a host family to bring him here and show him love. We don't really know God's plan for him after that, but we're just trusting that this is His plan for V*ktor now.
Though V*ktor has a partial scholarship to cover some of the costs associated with transportation, administration of the program, and paperwork costs, he is still in need of additional funding to cover the full amount. Please prayerfully consider donating to help us give V*ktor a wonderful summer with our family full of new experiences, love, and hope.







WHAT CAN I DO?

1 - PRAY for God to work out the details in the application process, the finances, and most importantly that He work in V*ktor's heart and circumstance.
2 - GIVE - If you are able, any donation will help to cover the expenses associated with his travel. Donations are tax deductible. (If you want to make out a check to NHFC, you can do that, or you can donate on the link below). 
3 - SHARE V*ktor's story and get the word out for others to pray and give (if they are led).


For information:


No comments:

Post a Comment