Friday, May 11, 2012

In the Blink of an Eye

      As a Mom, I've experienced loving a child before I've ever seen them.  I have been blessed with that love 3 times, now.  It has really taken me by surprise, though, that I have such a strong love for this child who I have never met and do not plan to have forever.  In a little over a week, our conversations about summer plans always include V*ktor.  A was very disappointed to learn that he would be here for 5 weeks because "that's not very long!" What first seemed like a very large commitment of our family's time now seems so small when viewed from a lifetime and especially from eternity. We can't wait to meet and shower V*ktor with love. We know our chance will pass "in the blink of an eye."
     I do not know details of V*ktor's life up until this point. I don't know how long he has been in the orphanage or how he got there. I do know that he does not have parents who can care for him or the love of an extended family to take him in.  Our prayer is that though he will not be with us forever, his time with us can make a difference in his life.
Psalm 27:10 "For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the LORD will take me in."
Galatians 5:14 "For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

     We are so appreciative of the donations already given towards V*ktor's travel expenses. As I said in the previous post, we are also receiving offers to meet other needs while he is here - a mattress, a bike, the violin and lessons.  Each and every donation, no matter the size, has brought tears of joy.  It truly feels like a giant hug from the giver for me and for Viktor.  If you feel drawn to contribute towards his experience with our family, ANY amount helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment