Saturday, June 30, 2012

Baseball, Fireworks, and Swimming .... Oh my!

Yes, we have had a very busy few days, already!  Friday morning, both boys slept until 11:30. V*ktor immediately made up his bed, got ready, and motioned that he wanted to go outside to exercise. A joined him.  After I made breakfast, we all got ready to head into town.
I must admit, for awhile I had just kind of assumed they would be the same size and I wouldn't have to worry about clothes. Then, right before he came, I kind of got a little worried about coming up with enough clothes or having to buy stuff new and it being expensive.  Our first stop of the morning (oh wait afternoon) was my friend's house to pick up the bike she is letting us borrow for V*ktor to use while he's here.  She handed me a huge stack of clothes that are the perfect size for him! So, by the time we got to the thrift shop, we didn't need as much, and they had all we needed there (plus it was kindly covered by a family member)!  He REALLY liked this pair of roller blades, so I ended up getting them for him. He said it was "super" and he has been using them when we're home! Plus, patient, sweet kid that he is - he has already helped A learn how to use them, too.
Later, we went to Walmart to pick out a pair of shoes (awesome family members had already offered to buy them for him :) Brian's work gave out tickets to the Saltdogs Game that included dinner. So, we picked Brian up, ran a few errands, and headed to the baseball game. YUMMY pork sandwiches, baseball, and of course a few times around in the bounce houses!  This is the smile I got as he hopped off the obstacle course.

He is so patient, helpful with the kids, and easy-going. We have all loved having him here! It gets frustrating sometimes when I know he wants to tell me something, can't figure out how to communicate it, and just gives up rather than push through so he can tell me.  We are trying to get a translator app on the tablet, but haven't been successful, yet!
This morning, he was up at 7:45! After playing at home for awhile, we left baby C (and cousin S) home with B and went to the pool with Aunt R and H.  My cousin's wife, N, had asked him if he could swim, and his answer was something along the lines of "not very well."  Uh- guess he was being modest or something because he's a FISH, just like A! He was all over the pool, and we all had a really good time.
Tonight, we headed in to watch the Jaycees fireworks show! I think he had a good time, but soooo tired. He and A were sound asleep in about 5 minutes from getting in the car. They woke up fast for the promised ice cream, though!

I'm so tired I've fallen asleep a few times writing this, so I'll say goodnight! Hoping it makes sense :)

No comments:

Post a Comment