Friday, June 29, 2012

He's HERE!!!

I know it's 3:30 in the morning, but just wanted to do an update while everything is fresh in my mind - plus C & B are now wide awake!!!!

I have been through so many emotions today - "Can time hurry up?" "Oh my goodness, I'm not ready, time needs to SLOW DOWN!" "Will he like us?" "What if we can't figure out how to communicate at all?" "I already love him. What will it be like to let him go?" "What else can I possibly clean or organize to make me feel ready?" "I'm so excited I could jump up and down squealing like a kid in a candy store!" "I'm so nervous, please don't let me puke all over the floor right here in the airport."


Then - "Wow! There he IS!" He came straight over to us and we got the first really good smile. When asked "What are you most looking forward to doing now that you're here?" His answer was "rest!" Poor kid has been travelling for 2 1/2 days. He was pretty quiet and not much emotion after that initial big grin. Then, when we got in the car, he and A immediately were "talking" and getting along in the back. So awesome! After about a half hour, Brian pointed to our printouts to ask if he was cold. He said he was fine, then before we could say anything he had unbuckled and went to the back of the van to grab his backpack. I pulled over and he got out a beautiful embroidery he had done just for us. What a sweetie :) Not sure why it struck him at that moment, but it was definitely from the heart. We'll have to go over seat belt safety tomorrow, though!

After the looooooooooooong drive home, we gave him a quick tour and let him get ready for bed at 2:30AM. The smile when we showed him his room was just priceless! HUGE thanks to my friend Ashley for staying with the girls while we went down to the airport :)

I hear him stirring a little every now and then, but I hope he's getting some sleep! Laptop battery is running out, so I'll say goodnight! ... I don't think C is saying goodnight anytime soon, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment