Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Break our hearts for what breaks yours

What will happen to this precious child? What is God's plan for him? How am I going to make it through putting him on a plane next week and saying goodbye? When will we see him again - or will we?  Praying hard that God's plans for him are great and crystal clear to him and his forever family - that I just KNOW must be out there somewhere!
We have had a great 3 days that rushed on by! Monday afternoon, we went to an Air and Space museum which was a lot of fun! We met another New Horizons family there with their kids and host son from Ukraine.  V*ktor really seemed to enjoy it. I felt like I was there with 5 kids instead of 4, though, because Brian was having such a fun time looking at exhibits that he kind of kept forgetting to watch kids!  Haha - so glad he can enjoy that kind of stuff, too!  We stopped by the music store to get a new bridge for the violin, and then it was over to the other family's house for dinner. She had tried Pelmeni (which is a Russian dish that V*ktor wanted), but it didn't turn out right so we ended up with pizza. I think everyone was just fine with that, too!  Got home late, but no rush to get up on Tuesday so no worries! (I plan to try pelmeni - N gave me the recipe.)
Tuesday, V*ktor had another dentist appointment. I was more nervous about it than him this time because of last time! We took the girls to a friend's house. A and I took him to appointment - which was still tough, but still better than last week. Then, we grabbed food from the drive-in. V*ktor couldn't eat food yet, so he got Coke and ice cream (believe me, he was NOT disappointed)! Dropped A at library time and went back to get the girls and change everyone for the pool.  Came back for A and headed over to swim with friends!  Then, his violin teacher had fixed it, so we picked that up. Talk about an elated kiddo!
Today, we planned to go to the Children's museum in the morning, but B was sick all night and had a fever when she woke up. A little ibuprofen did wonders for her! So, I ended up taking all the kids in for a Walmart Wednesday :) Sent B home with Brian after work and I took the boys (and C) to the museum. We didn't have much time, but I figured a little was better than none!  Stopped at the Dollar Tree to get a few small things for V*ktor to take back for friends at the orphanage.  Dropped A at home and then we went to youth group. I could tell that he was bored and ready to go since he didn't understand anything being said. I was soooooooooooo proud of him, though, because instead of withdrawing and claiming to be "sleepy," he stayed right there and tried to pay attention and not appear sulky.  Awesome kid!  Just love him to pieces!  Even though we got home late, he practiced his violin to get ready for his lesson in the morning.  Here he is in the Big Red Chair at the museum today :) 

Please pray for this sweet kid. He is so naturally helpful, thankful, loving, and deserving of someone to love him every day for the rest of his life!  I just can't get this song out of my head. I am completely brokenhearted that we will say goodbye and may never see him again.


Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Open our eyes to the world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
Oh Jesus, friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks yours

No comments:

Post a Comment