Friday, November 2, 2012

Glasstastrophe and a Golden Ticket

It's been a crazy week - crossing a lot of things off our "to do" list! 
First, a little about Halloween.  B got all dressed up as "Fancy Nancy" and she went to story-time at the library.  After that, we headed over to the county courthouse for a home ownership letter we needed for our adoption packet.  Back home briefly to finish decorating sugar cookies, then we went to school for A's class Halloween Party.  I did half of it with C in the moby-wrap - fun!  I think all the kids had a really good time :)  After school, we went to the library so the kids could get some new books.  Once we got home, while carrying stuff in, we had a glasstastrophe!  I pushed on the glass pane of our veeeeeeeery old french door.  It broke, glass everywhere, and my arm was sliced up a bit.  OW!!!!!  We have always wondered what toy was going to fly through one of those windows.  I didn't figure it would be my hand/arm!  Anyway, awesome brother-in-law came over and got C out of the car for me.  Brian came home, bandaged me up, and got kids dressed for trick-or-treating.  A was Ironman and C was an adorable lovebug.  We made lots of rounds gathering candy and showing off the costumes - ending with soup and more sweets at Grandma's house.
Thursday, B had preschool. Then, the girls and I headed into town to get 37 documents "apostilled."  It's basically to notarize the notary.  The State puts an official seal on it showing that the notary is authentic.  We had missed a stamp on one document, but I got the other 36 finished!  Later, I sent B home with Brian and went to Walmart with C.
This morning, OUR LETTER FROM H0MEL#ND SECURITY came in the mail!  Basically, it doesn't matter how fast we complete the rest of our documents, we were stuck waiting for this letter, and IT CAME!!!!  If you know me personally, you know I'm a little goofy :)  I was singing "I Got a Golden Ticket" all morning after I found out it was at the post office.  Brian wasn't quite as amused by it as I was. He kept rolling his eyes at me :)  So after Mommy time, Brian and I went to Omaha to get fingerprinted!  All of our documents were put in the mail to be reviewed by our facilitator.  Now, all we need is the "results" of our fingerprinting and the US approval. Then, it can all be submitted to Ukraine! Based on our estimated timeline, we could be traveling mid-January.
The only other thing we need is the remaining funding.  We are being reviewed this month by a foundation that does grant money for adoptions. Please pray that the rest of our needed money will come in so that we can go get our V*ktor as soon as possible!  Pray for him and his roommates that they will stay encouraged and uplift each other through the time of waiting.
Thank you all so so so so so so so much for your continued support through prayer, donations, and encouragement.  It means more than you could ever know!

If you would like to give, you can use this link:
http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?fundraiser_id=7124&url=bringviktorhome

No comments:

Post a Comment