Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Where is his forever family???

Where ARE they? I know that somebody has to be out there for this wonderful kid! He sits here now holding baby C while playing checkers with Brian.  B always says, "MY baby sister!" when A or anyone else is playing with C. A minute ago, V*ktor said "MY baby sister!" when I started to pick her up off the floor next to him. He and A played running all over the house tonight - like they did the first week and have sporadically since then.

I could ramble on and on, but I'll give a quick recap of our last 3 days... Sunday, church was hard on him just because we can't really even try to interpret for him and he just has to sit not understanding.  After church we went home for lunch and then headed up to the zoo. It was a fast, fun day! We were all worn out, but we decided to hit the Grand Buffet afterwards. I don't think I've seen V*ktor eat that much this whole time! He was thrilled to keep going to get random food that didn't go together at all!
Monday was a rough day. We were warned that the kids start to withdraw the last week - kind of a self-defense mechanism. We saw that most of the day yesterday.  He didn't even swim with us.  Finally, while I was making dinner we had a "talk" via google translate. I just told him I was really sad that he was going, I love him very much, and I will miss him terribly. I said that I knew he felt the same way and that it was natural to try and make it easier by pulling away. I just said it wasn't going to be easier by hiding out and not spending time with us. I got some shrugs and not any typing back, but when I asked for a hug I got one immediately. I said to take 5 minutes and then come back and join us!  He did, and we had a great night. We at borsch for supper :)
This morning, we all got moving relatively quickly for a loooooong shopping day. First was to get all the last minute things that I had missed. Yikes! I really forgot a lot of things because it was $120! Of course, it included gifts for a few teachers and friends, Tylenol, athlete's foot cream, neosporin, bandaids, shampoo/body wash, laundry soap, a rubber stopper for the sink to help him when he washes his clothes... All things that he can't get at home.  There were some fun things in there, too - 2 long-sleeved jackets, soccer socks, and a photo album that I need to fill tomorrow.  Afterwards, we headed to Chuck E Cheese and quick lunch. Finally, back to Wally World for groceries.  We had Brian's family over for fruit salad and Pelmeni (which is basically ravioli with sour cream).  Of course, V*ktor and I were the only ones who ate it the right way. Everyone else put spaghetti sauce on it!  We had a cake that said "We love you. We will miss you" in Ukrainian (at least I hope that's what it said!)
The tears for this precious kid come at the most random times. I just can't imagine him on his own in just 2 years. He is still a kid! He deserves to be one. He deserves a family to love him and take care of him - to show him Christ's love. He should be ADORED for the rest of his life by a family. If you are reading this, is it you? Is God calling you to be his forever family?  Are you reading this and thinking that WE are to be his forever family?  At this point, we really don't feel like that's the plan, but we're always open to God's leading. We are going to miss him horribly. Yesterday morning, I was telling B that V*ktor would be leaving soon. She said, "Well, isn't V*ktor still part of our family?"  Ugh! How to explain this?!?!  My heart is broken over what may happen to him, what his future must hold.  I've heard, "No Ukraine" a few more times the last couple of days.  He's about to beat Brian- who is very competitive and kind of growly about it - LOL! He sits there dancing around and laughing as the music plays on the Olympics.
PLEASE continue to pray for him. Please pray for us as tomorrow night/Thurs morning will probably be one of the hardest days we've ever had - putting him on a plane not knowing what his future holds or whether we will ever see him again.
"For I know the plans I have for you..."   Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment